Residents celebrate Gorgeous Grandma’s Day
There are a lot of Gorgeous Grandmas who live here at Primrose! They are gorgeous on the outside as well as the inside, and we try to appreciate & honor them every day. However, on July 23rd all of our ladies received extra special attention because it was National Gorgeous Grandma’s Day!
According to gorgeousgrandma.com, this is the definition of a Gorgeous Grandma:
Who is a Gorgeous Grandma? She is every woman over fifty, sixty, or seventy who:
- Believes she has her whole life ahead of her, not her whole life behind her.
- Wants to get the most out of every day of her life.
- Wants to thrive, not just survive.
- Cares for her mind and her body.
- Remains adaptable to life’s bittersweet as well as sweet.
- Cherishes herself as much as she cherishes her loved ones.
- Refuses to remain static – who is always open to learning, to new ideas, to new challenges and to new experiences.
- Loves life – and lets everyone know it!
- And, for our Single Gorgeous Grandmas: Recovers after loss and learns to love again.
We believe these are important qualities to embrace & celebrate! So we threw our Gorgeous Grandma’s a special party! We supplied the feather boas & jeweled tiaras to wear, and dainty treats & sparkling tea to enjoy! The ladies could get their makeup or hair done, and we were giving manicures & hand massages. Our Gorgeous Grandma’s had a fabulous time celebrating this special day, reminiscing about their youth as a “young lady”, while being pampered and treated like a queen! They left the party with a huge smile on their face, feeling refreshed, confident, and appreciated.
To find out more about senior living and apartment homes at Primrose, contact your nearest Primrose Retirement Community today to see more of our fun and social living. We’ll happily answer all your questions and show you around our beautiful communities. Come see why we say, THIS IS LIVING!